Sunday, June 20, 2010

Box stuff



WELP finally felt comfortable with the initial part of Vilppu stuff to move on to drawing figures with boxes. I already use boxes in my art to help me visualize 3d shapes and block out the jist of the figure so it wasn't too tough to understand what was going on. I felt like it was a lot easier for me to do this part than to do the really loose gestures from the beginning, and I also noticed that doing a bazillion of those gestures the past couple weeks helped me visualize the flow & movement of the shapes better, as well as overall proportion. I think I'll continue practicing these steps together but I'm eager to start challenging myself a little bit more now that I'm actually starting to see and feel an improvement in the way I "see" and do things. And draw them too haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment